Yesterday was a work-from-home day for me since I was running around to the doctor’s office, on work calls & answering 500 emails a minute! While I was coming home from the doctors, with a few free minutes to spare, I popped into the grocery store determined to meet my three new mini-goals & headed to the grocery store:
- Get back into the groove of meal prepping at least 1 meal a week. Now that I have my new ~side hustle~ after work twice a week, yoga, therapy, social plans – it’s so much easier to come home, pop something in a sauté pan & call it a day.
- I’m also trying my hand at eating more Keto style. And while I’m excited, I don’t want this to be looked at as a diet or way to lose weight. When I was on an actual low-card diet, my mental health wasn’t in the best place as I was hyperfocsed on weight loss, but my body felt so much better when I wasn’t possessed by the sugar monster.
- I want to post more cooking videos on the new @embracethelight instagram! Yes, it’s private & yes, I want us to be friends! I’m not sure I’m comfortable (yet) for my friends & fam to find me if I make it public, but I want to be friends with YOU!
I recently found Kasey’s blog & I love the simplicity in which she writes her recipes. Keto/Low Carb can be a little overwhelming, but she makes it all approachable & beginner friendly. Even better – she always includes ingredients swaps, the nutrition facts & the best way to store it.
Check out the recipe from the link above.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans green beans, drained
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
SUPPLIES & TIPS WHILE COOKING:
- I used a cast-iron skillet to make this a one-pan meal (from stovetop to oven), but if you don’t have a cast icon you can easily transfer everything to a baking dish to cook in the oven.
- Instead of using cups to measure, I usually like using my food scale
- I don’t love using pre-shredded cheese, so I got a block of both sharp cheddar & mozzarella cheese and shredded my own. Do whatever’s most convenient for you!