I’ve previously talked about Mindful Drinking, and now I’m back with my tips around what to drink when you’re out!
First, a little brain knowledge. Alcohol is ALWAYS metabolized first, this pauses the fat burning process until all of the alcohol has been metabolized. Sadly, alcohol has a high caloric content that can sneak up on you when you aren’t paying attention to how much you’re having. Me personally? I ignore sugary drinks all together. I know my body will react negatively to it every time, and now I never wake up feeling bloated and gross after a night out! (🙇♀️ it’s the sugar that makes you feel that way!)
But, let’s not make this all boring and negative! I enjoy alcohol responsibly as much as the next person, see below for my top options!
Ditch the sweet sugary cocktails. Instead, choose from my list below! And don’t be afraid to ask the bartender to alter your drink to fit your needs, their expertise is combining the right measurements so it tastes as good as possible! All of the drinks below are under 4g of carbs.
- Hard Liquors: Vodka, Rum, Tequila,
- Combine with a combo of the mixers below
- Mixers: Club Soda (my go-to), Sparkling Ice, La Croix, Diet Coke, Diet Ginger Ale, Diet Ginger Beer, Diet Tonic, Bai Drink, Torani Sugar-Free Syrup (Raspberry, Lime, Orange), Skinny Syrups Lemon Syrup, Fresh Lime Juice
- Bloody Mary
- Jack & Coke: Jack Daniel’s Whiskey, Diet Coke
- Mojito: Rum, Club Soda, Fresh Mint, Fresh Lime Juice
- Moscow Mule: Vodka, Fresh Lime Juice, Diet Ginger Ale, Fresh Mint
- Whiskey Sour: Whiskey, Water, small squirt of lemon lime MIO (water enhancer), Fresh Lemon Juice, Fresh Lime Juice (to taste)
- Red Wine: Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot
- White Wine: Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay
- Beer: Bud Select, Miller Lite
For more ideas, check out the AWESOME chart below by Ketogenic.com
Art by Margie Lucier & Kelley MacDonald