Goodbye February: Did these 28 days fly by for anyone else? February is typically when peoples “New Years Resolutions” fizzle out, or we just lose that momentum and it’s easy to slip back into old habits. Looking back on this month, I definitely feel like I’m making steps toward my longer term goals. I’m excited to see what the next few months bring!
- Lifestyle: A huge part of my 2018 thus far has been a commitment to sweating it out more often. NYSC cycling classes at my gym have played a major part in helping me stick to that goal! I go at least three times a week and the routine has become so much more than just working out. I get to detach from the day, the to-do list running in my head, the stress weighing on my shoulders. The nice thing about spin is you go with the beat of the music, so that’s what I’m focused on and I just zone out.
- Mind/Soul: My mind was restless over the past couple of days, even with the spin classes and walking breaks, so I decided to give my 5-Minute Morning Meditations a go and voila! It was hard to keep the mind still, I overcame it and it felt so good.
- Career: Work is work. It’s stressful, there’s constant change, and sometimes I just want to crawl under my desk and delete the constant stream of incoming emails. BUT, even with all of that, I realized that I am so grateful. For the company, my amazing, kind, funny, hardworking team, and the learning opportunities I’ve been given. Looking at it now in perspective, I would like to work on leaving my stress at the door when I leave! Think this will make the few free hours I have at home post-work more calm and enjoyable.
- Social: I hyped up my highly anticipated Nashville Bachelorette trip a few times on the blog, and it did NOT disappoint (Travel Chronicle post coming soon) I had such a good time, not only enjoying the city; but seeing the soon-to-be bride, making new friends, and getting closer to old ones! But, I have to say that wiped me out for the month! The rest of the month was busy and chilly, and it called for alot of sleep and downtime!
Hello March: This month is exciting because I start off going to Boston, MA to see my boyfriend and end the month in JAPAN (yes, you read that right) visiting my brother and his family!
When anticipating exciting events, I have mixed emotions. I want to rush there so it’s ‘here already‘ and sometimes I even have feelings of uncertainty and fear because I have set expectations. This month I want to enjoy the charm, beauty, and excitement in getting to those really special moments.
Then when it arrives, I want to intentionally, consciously, 100% treasure that moment no matter if it’s good, boring, calm, or hectic. In the next 30 days, I’m getting to see people who, 90% of the time, I have a long distance relationship with. And now I have the opportunity to spend time with them, give them hugs, have face-to-face conversations. In March, I will be careful not to let my perfectionist-mind let expectations take priority; focus on staying in the present moment.
- No Spending: New Clothes, Technology, or any un-necessary items
- Continue 5-Minute Morning Meditation:
- Reminder: Simply acknowledge all the thoughts passing by, but don’t take them on. Let them go and return to your breath.
- Box Breath Method: inhale 5 seconds, hold my breath for 5 seconds, exhale for 5 seconds, hold your breath for 5 seconds, and repeat.
- Leave the work stress at the door, and don’t pick it up the next morning!
Are you traveling this month at all? Do you have a goal you’re working on?