Cauliflower Fried Rice has become a meal prep staple for me these last few weeks! I make a 2-day batch, pop it in the microwave after work, and a delicious meal is done. Below is how I enjoy it, but similar to all of my other recipes, it’s totally flexible based upon what veggies or proteins you have on hand!
- 1 lb Protein of Choice, such as pork, shrimp, beef, chicken, tofu
- Cauliflower Rice, I recommend frozen from Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods
- Vegetables (optional & can vary), such as zucchini, onion, bell pepper, broccoli, green beans
- Greens (optional), such as spinach, kale
- Reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- Ginger powder or ginger paste – I use Trader Joe’s
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- Oil, such as olive, avocado, or coconut
- Seasonings, such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, miced onion, and chili powder
- In your large pan, cook your protein source all the way through. I used Boneless Sirloin Diced Pork from Market Pantry (Target)
- While it’s cooking, prep the vegetables: dice the onion, mince the garlic, chop remaining vegetables into bite size pieces
- Place the protein to the side once cooked through
- Add some oil and your minced garlic to the pain, let brown
- Throw the veggies (except for the cauliflower rice and loose greens) and seasonings to the pan. Let the veggies cook for 5-8 minute, until tender.
- Add the cauliflower rice, loose greens, and ginger. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until tender.
- Lastly, add your protein back into the pan and top with soy sauce. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes until all the flavors have mended.
Art: Heather Ihn