Over the NYE weekend I was in Austin, TX. I drank, I danced, I cuddled, I laughed, I explored, I relaxed, I had loads of fun plus some emotional roller coster conversations. It was the unexpected break I needed before coming back to New York City and kicking off 2018.
Here we are, January 4th. Still in bed in my NYC apartment, in the myst of waiting for Winter Storm Grayson to hit, slept 12 hours STRAIGHT (amazing) AND I get to work from home today!
What a perfect day to: review my 2018 intentions, be grateful I have a roof over my head, reflect on the wonderful weekend I had, and prepare myself for getting back into my usual routine starting NOW.
I tend to be too hard on myself, especially when it comes to “falling off” my routine. I fail once and give up. Stress over perfection. Looking back, I feel like I spent a great deal of 2017 being too hard on myself, over complicating my life, goals, values, and slip ups.
This year, I intend to be more forgiving, kind, and soft to myself. Life is hard enough as it is. I don’t need to make it worse for myself with phrases like “you should have“.
As amazing as the holidays/my trip was, I am so excited to get back into my routine and to get back to the daily work. You see … my routine isn’t a rut, its not a grind … it’s a hustle. Or as Tony Robbins says, it’s the hunger. I’m excited to continue to see myself grow, learn, and stumble then arise a stronger person.
Today’s plan is:
- Start the day off with a nice big cup of lemon water + splash Apple Cider Vinegar, take Probiotic, Vitamin C + Multivitamin. Make smoothie!
- Light a candle, get living room set up to work, turn on computer and some fun Top 40 music
- Work throughout the day with some mindful breaks. If things are slow, I’ll take some time to journal
- Have a meal prepped lunch with Whole Food’s Mom’s Chicken Soup (THE BEST)
- More working – since I won’t have too many distractions, going to try to get ahead on some things
- Dinner & relax! Maybe a face mask?