I had the best dinner last night! I’ve been traveling so much this summer, it’s been great to finally make a homemade dinner. And even BETTER – it’s nutritious, delicious, easy, customizable & a quick clean-up. What else could you ask for!?
- 8oz Salmon Filet – I went with Trader Joe’s Wild Sockeye Salmon
- Roasted Veggies – Bought or Homemade (I mightttt have bought this time – #lazylife)
- Use whatever you have! Recommendations: bell peppers, asparagus, onions, carrots & zucchini
- Cauliflower Rice – My #1 choice is Trader Joe’s Frozen Cauliflower Rice, but you can make your own or buy fresh (Green Giant makes some)
- Olive Oil
- I actually bought my roasted veggies that day, but just slice up whatever veggies you have (except for the cauliflower rice), toss in a little OVOO/S&P, throw in the oven heated to 400-425 degrees for an hour to an hour and a half.
- Spray your pan with OVOO spray, throw in your pre-roasted veggies and cauliflower rice. Let that cook up, wait until the rice is translucent/brown, and add some seasonings: S&P, Lemon Pepper, Garlic, etc
- Push all veggies to the side
- Take your salmon out of the fridge, spray with OVOO, add S&P.
- Oil the free part of the pan with 1tsp OVOO, and add the salmon skin side down. I let the salmon sit with a little aluminum foil tent for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn over the filet, wait another 4-5 minutes, and check to see if it’s flakey.
- TIP: When the fish flakes, it’s done. Try not to overcook!